MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Discarded smoking material sparks apartment fire

      {A href="http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/search?q=Bakersfield"}BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) Two apartments were damaged by fire after someone "discarded smoking material in a waste basket" Wednesday morning, according to the Bakersfield Fire Department.

      The fire erupted around 6 a.m. at a 10-unit complex on Eric Way near Mt. Vernon Avenue. Two other apartments sustained smoke damage. Four families were evacuated or displaced, and the total estimated loss was $325,000, the fire department said.

      No injuries were reported.

      The fire department is considering the fire accidental.
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER