FRESNO, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) A Bakersfield man pleaded guilty Monday in federal court to conspiring to distribute marijuana.
Defendant David Chavez Sr. and his son of the same name operated a Bakersfield shop called Nature's Medicinal, which officers searched in 2007, according to federal prosecutors. Seized from the dispensary were firearms, hundreds of pounds of marijuana and thousands of dollars in cash.
Between September 2004 and February 2006, the business earned $16 million in gross sales, prosecutors said.
Chavez Sr. is scheduled to be sentenced in March.
Six co-defendants have been sentenced for the conspiracy:
- Timothy Glenn Doolittle, 42, of Bakersfield - 30 months in prison
- Jennifer Diane Brown, 37, of Bakersfield - a year in prison
- John Shanks - 20 months in prison
- Israel Cavazos, 38 - three and a half years in prison
- John Wyatt, 31 - 30 months in prison
- Jonathan Michael Chapman, 32 - three years and one month in prison