BPD notices rise in vehicle thefts in northeast, offers prevention tips
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) —
The Bakersfield Police Department has noticed an increase in vehicle thefts in northeast Bakersfield the last two weeks and has issued some tips on how to avoid becoming a victim.
- Always lock your vehicle and double check to make sure it is locked.
- Remove all items from your vehicle whenever you can.
- Always keep your windows rolled up when you are away from your vehicle.
- Anything of value should be locked in your trunk.
- Try to always park in areas that are well-lit.
Officers say a problem area in recent weeks has been the Bluffs on Panorama Drive.
They also advise drivers to not leave items in plain view and don't leave your keys in your car.