Dignity Health awards more than $320K in grants to local nonprofits
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) —
Eight Kern County nonprofits have received more than $320,000 collectively in grant funds from the Dignity Health Community Grants Program.
The money is targeted for groups that serve the poor, take part in chronic disease management or provide access to health care, according to Dignity Health's Mercy and Memorial Hospitals.
Here's the breakdown of grant awards:
- Alpha House, $75,000
- Alzheimer’s Disease Association of Kern County, $26,401
- Saint Vincent de Paul Store and Center, $70,000
- Bakersfield Senior Center, $30,000
- Catholic Charities, $32,024
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, $20,000
- Links For Life, $50,000
- Community Action Partnership of Kern County, $24,701