It was May 23 when Monte and Muriel Moore went out to try a new sandwich shop. After half of a pastrami sandwich, Muriel Moore went to the car, as her husband stayed behind.
When she came back inside, she found Monte Moore choking.
"He turned purple," she said. "It was terrible."
He passed out and went into cardiac arrest.
"It was terrible," said the wife. "I knew that he perhaps was dead, before they put him in the helicopter I kissed him, knowing it might be a final kiss."
Emergency workers were called, and Monte Moore was sent to the hospital, where he miraculously recovered.
Monday morning the Moores were on hand for the ceremony, to say "thank you" to the emergency workers who saved Monte's life.
The Moores will celebrate their 51st anniversary in September.
"We just cannot thank the paramedics and the fire and the helicopter and crew enough," said Muriel Moore. "The people at San Joaquin (Community) Hospital were terrific, too. Such a great blessing, everyone working together and so compassionate and wonderful, we're so thankful."