KBAK/KBFX HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS COLOR & WIN
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES ENTER AT LOCATION
Contest: KBAK/KBFX Harlem Globetrotters Color & Win
Station: The Tennis Channel, Inc. dba KBAK/KBFX
Station Address: KBAK/KBFX, 1901 Westwind Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93301
Contest Area: California County: Kern
Sponsor(s): Dignity Health, Mercy Hospital Downtown, Mercy Hospital Southwest, Memorial Hospital, and Harlem Globetrotters, and the Lauren Small Children's Center
Prize Provider(s): Harlem Globetrotters & The Tennis Channel, Inc.
Age of Eligibility: Children age Six (6) to Twelve (12)
Contest Period: January 29, 2018 to February 14, 2018
Entries Due: 12:00 PM PST on February 12, 2018
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Judging Criteria: Creativity (25%); Use of Color (25%); and Ability Based on Age (50%)
Number of Winners Based on Judging Results: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1) winner will be selected from entries submitted at the Sponsor locations.
Winner Selection Date: February 14, 2018
Prize(s) and Value(s): Four (4) tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters on February 19, 2018, at Rabobank Arena, Bakersfield, CA; a meet and greet with member(s) of the Harlem Globetrotters; One (1) autographed t-shirt and One (1) ball; and sit alongside the team on the bench. Total Prize Value is: $399.
Station’s Website: http://bakersfieldnow.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://bakersfieldnow.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
1. Stop by any participating Sponsor location (listed below) and pick up an entry blank coloring/entry page. Once you have colored the page, fill out the entry by hand (or a parent may complete the entry form portion on behalf of child) and drop it in the contest entry box at Sponsor location during regular business hours. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
Judging of Entries
1. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria.
2. On the Winner Selection Date, the judges will determine the Total Number of Winners with the highest scores from each entry location based on the criteria set forth above.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
Participating Sponsor Locations:
Mercy Hospital Downtown
2215 Truxtun Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Mercy Hospital Southwest
400 Old River Rd.
Bakersfield, CA 93311
Memorial Hospital/Lauren Small Children's Center
420 34th St.
Bakersfield, CA 93301