Free or low-cost flu shots available in Kern County
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) —
Fall has officially arrived and that means flu season isn’t far behind.
The Kern County Department of Public Health encourages residents to get vaccinated against the flu annually.
People living in Kern County have multiple opportunities to receive free or inexpensive flu shots this season.
The Public Health Department offers flu shots for $9 from 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Monday through Friday at its clinic, 1800 Mount Vernon Ave.
There will also be two no-cost flu-shot clinics: 7 a.m.-noon, Oct. 14 at the Kern County Fairgrounds Swap Meet, 1142 S. P St.; and 5-9 p.m., Oct. 19 at the Hosking Swap Meet, 1000 E. Hosking Ave.
Free flu shots are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Doses are limited.
Public Health Services will also host flu clinics in outlying areas, with shots costing $9:
- Rosamond – Rosamond Library, 3611 Rosamond Blvd., 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., Oct. 9
- Pine Mountain Club – 2524 Beechwood Way, 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., Oct. 10
- Arvin – Arvin Library, 201 Campus Drive, 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., Oct. 16
- Lake Isabella – 7050 Lake Isabella Blvd., Suite 144, 10 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., Oct. 17
- Ridgecrest – 400 N. China Lake Blvd. – 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m., Oct. 23
- Taft – Public Health Office, 915 N. 10th St., 1:30-3:30 p.m., Oct. 25
- Delano – Public Health Office, 455 Lexington St., 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m., every Wednesday beginning Oct. 3
- Shafter – Public Health Office, 329 Central Valley Highway, 1-3:30 p.m., every Wednesday beginning Oct. 3.