Local celebrities dance for a good cause
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) —
After weeks of practice, the Dancing at the Stars competition is almost here.
A total of nine couples are competing. Local celebrities are paired with professional dancers to raise funds for the nonprofit theater.
Winners are chosen in part based on the amount of money they raise for the nonprofit theater. You can vote until Saturday morning for your favorite couple by making a tax-deductible donation to BMT/Stars. One dollar equals one vote.
Performances get underway at Stars Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Friday and again at 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets for both performances are sold out. You can call (661) 325-6100 to be put on a waiting list. Should tickets become available, they will be sold based on the order of a waiting list.
- Marianne Keathley (CPA)
- Erin Briscoe (News Anchor, Eyewitness News)
- Tara Deal (Deputy District Attorney)
- Leigh Pozas (Owner, Total Woman)
- Chris Hoover (Firefighter, Kern County Fire Department)
- Marvin St. Pierre (Retired Projects Manager, Aera Energy)
- Wayde Kirschenman (President, Kirschenman Enterprises Inc.)
- Boyd Binninger (Real Estate Agent)
- Elliott Magnus (Attorney at Law)